Tutorial for VEGAN TRIPLE BATCH using microwave:
We are actually going to make a 4 x single bun recipe divided into 3 ramekins or Pyrex baking dishes. Replace each large egg with 1/4 of a 12.3 oz box of extra-firm silken tofu and omit the water of the original recipe.
YIELDS 3 buns, similar in texture to English muffins.
- OIL or spray 3 baking ramekins (4.5 – 5” diameter).
- Using electric hand blender, blend one 12.3 oz package of extra-firm silken tofu until smooth.
- In medium bowl, WHISK together:
- the blended tofu
- 1 TBSP + 1 tsp oil (such as olive or avocado)
- ADD 1/2 cup LoveMyBuns baking mix and whisk until combined.
- ADD 1 TBSP + 1 tsp vinegar or lime or lemon juice. Working QUICKLY, whisk to combine.
- Working QUICKLY, use rubber spatula to transfer mixture into oiled ramekins. Mixture will be quite thick, so press down into place.
- Microwave: On high for 10-12 minutes, or until tops are fully cooked and spring back when you touch them. (be careful: they are HOT!)