Makes 12. Preheat oven to 450F.
Prepare your muffin tin with parchment muffin liners. If you have a 4 oz portion scoop, now’s the time to put it to good use.
In a medium bowl:
- 2 roughly mashed bananas
- 1 TBS ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground clove
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 drops lemon oil/flavour (optional)
- 1/4 tsp pure powdered stevia extract, or the equivalent of 1/2 cup sugar or alternative, based on your preference
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water (If using Love My Buns with the best before date of Sept 26, 2019, November 30, 2019, or February 20, 2020 use HALF the recommended amount of water, use HOT water, and let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes to thicken up before adding the vinegar or acid; different sources of coconut flour have very different properties, apparently!)
- 8 large eggs
Whisk together. Add
- 1 cup LOVE MY BUNS baking mix and whisk to combine. (Batter should have the consistency of hummus and will thicken slightly as it sits. If it is too thick, add a little more water, one TBS at a time, if too runny, add a little more baking mix, one TBS at a time)
- 3 TBS apple cider vinegar or other vinegar/lemon/lime juice.
Working quickly, whisk in the AVC and portion the batter into 6 muffin cups.
Place on top third rack in the oven, reduce temperature to 400F, and bake 20 minutes, turn off oven but finish baking another 5 minutes, or until tops spring back to the touch.
Remove muffins to cool on a cooling rack. If you can resist eating them all right away, refrigerate for up to 10 days. They freeze well, too.