Preheat oven to 450F. Yields 12 muffins.
Line muffins tins with paper cups. I like the parchment ones; the muffins release more easily.
Core and dice up one medium apple.
In medium bowl, WHISK together:
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup water (if using granulated sweetener, use 1/2 cup; if using pure Stevia extract powder, use 3/4 cup) (If using Love My Buns with the best before date of Sept 26, 2019 or November 30, 2019 use HALF the recommended amount of water and use HOT water; different source of coconut flour have very different properties, apparently!)
- 3 TBSP oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (sugar, 1:1 sugar substitute, etc) OR 1/4 tsp pure stevia extract powder
- ADD 1 cup LoveMyBuns baking mix and whisk until combined. (Batter should have the consistency of hummus and will thicken slightly as it sits. If it is too thick, add a little more water, one TBS at a time, if too runny, add a little more baking mix, one TBS at a time)
- If you have a portion scoop or an ice cream scoop, now’s the time to pull it out.
- ADD diced apple and 3 TBSP. vinegar or lime or lemon juice. Working QUICKLY, use a spoon or rubber spatula to combine.
- Working QUICKLY, use portion scoop or spoon to transfer mixture into muffin cups.
Place rack in top third of oven and lower temperature to 400F for 20 minutes, then turn off oven but continue to bake another 5 minutes, or until fully cooked and muffin tops spring back to the touch.
Remove muffins to cool on a cooling rack. Refrigerate for up to 10 days.