Tutorial for TRIPLE BATCH using oven (or toaster oven):
Preheat oven to 450F. I bake these using glass ovenproof bowls like these anchor or pyrex style (photo above).
- To prevent your buns from sticking, line 3 baking ramekins or Pyrex dishes ( (4.5 – 5” diameter) with parchment (a trick: buy the parchment muffin liners and spread them out flat.) OIL or spray your ramekins.
- In small-medium bowl, WHISK together:
- 3 large eggs,
- 1/3 cup water (If using Love My Buns with the best before date of Sept 26, 2019, November 30, 2019, or February 20, 2020 use HALF the recommended amount of water, use HOT water, and let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes to thicken up before adding the vinegar or acid; different sources of coconut flour have very different properties, apparently!)
- 1 TBSP oil (such as olive or avocado)(optional)
- ADD 1/3 cup LoveMyBuns baking mix and whisk until combined.
- ADD 1 TBSP vinegar or lime or lemon juice. Working QUICKLY, whisk to combine.
- Working QUICKLY, use rubber spatula to transfer mixture into oiled ramekins.
- Place ramekins/baking dishes on a pan or cookie sheet (the easiest way to get them in and out of the oven). Place in center of preheated oven and lower temperature to 400F. Bake 12-15 minutes until fully cooked and top springs back when you touch it. (be careful: IT IS HOT!)
- Let cool 5 minutes and run a knife around the perimeter of the bun to keep from sticking. Use an oven mitt or hot pad, the dishes will be hot! Turn the dish over and the bun should pop right out. Be careful, hot steam will escape.
- Devour right away like fresh baked bread, toast them up, or can be refrigerated (up to a week) or frozen.